Prof. Dr.Gideon C. Mwanza
P.O. Box 30208 Lusaka
Contact No: 0969899875 /
Date of Birth: 7th February 1976
Marital Status: Married Gender: Male
Nationality: Zambian Human Resource Manager / Tutor – Profile
• Over 22 years working experience in Planning, directing, and coordinating human resource management activities of an organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
• Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation, and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
• Ability to write proposals and research methodologies (both conventional and participatory research methodologies).
• Experience in facilitating and carrying out research activities in universities and some colleges of further education (FE).
• Ability to empathize with the students learning needs and the ability to communicate the love and passion that they themselves have for learning.
• An understanding and affirming, humble, patient, and trustworthy individual.
• Has a positive and optimistic outlook that no matter how good or bad a student’s academic situation is it can be made better through proactive responses.
• Demonstrated ability to identify the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Open-minded and reliable with the ability to learn from every situation.
• An innovative person guided by the curiosity to learn more and the need to find answers.
• First-class analytical and problem-solving skills with a dedication to maintaining high-quality standards.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data. Professional Academic Background.
1. Doctorate in Business Administration, Gideon Robert University. January-2015 2. Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration, Preston University, January 2007- March 2010 3. Doctor of Philosophy in Human Resources,(Honoris Causa) Omega Global University,23rd Feb 2013 4. Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA), ESAMI / MSM, Sept 2005- Dec 2007. 5.
Bachelor of Science in Management and Communication Studies, Chreso University March 2010- 19th January 2013 6. Bachelor of Arts in Management, 2015 7. Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management, ZIBC, June 2002 June 2003. 8. Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Development, Institute of Commercial Management, and January 2001 – June 2002. 9. Diploma in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations, Cambridge College 1996-1998. 10. Advanced Certificate in Human Resources Management, University of Zambia January 1999-June 2000. 11. Personnel Management, University of Zambia, 2001. 12. Certificate Data Processing, Harid, January – March 2001. 13. Grade 12 (“O” Level) Certificate, Nyimba Secondary School, 1993- 1995.Professional Work Experience Chief Human Resources Management Officer, November 2005
• Administered compensation, benefits and performance management systems,and safety and recreation programs.
• Identified staff vacancies and recruited, interviewed and selected applicants. • Allocated human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel. • Provided current and prospective employees with information about policies,job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion andemployee benefits.
• Performed difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing,refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinaryproceduresAdvised managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employmentopportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes. • Analyzed and modified compensation and benefits policies to establishcompetitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements. • Planned and conducted new employee orientation to foster positive attitudetoward organizational objectives. • Served as a link between management and employees by handling questions,interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve workrelatedproblems. • Planned, directed, supervised, and coordinated work activities of subordinatesand staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employeerelations. • Analyzed training needs to design employee development, language trainingand health and safety programs. • Maintained records and compiled statistical reports concerning personnelrelateddata such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeismrates. • Analyzed statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes ofpersonnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement oforganization’s personnel policies and practices. • Planned, organized, directed, controlled the personnel, training, and labor relations activities of an organization. • Investigated and reported on industrial accidents for insurance carriers. Prepare personnel forecast to project employment needs. Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations. • Oversaw the evaluation, classification and rating of occupations and jobpositions. Lecturered at various universities such as University of Zambia Extension Studies and University of Africa, Gideon Robert University, Information Communication University January 2005 to Date • Designing teaching material and delivering either across a range of modules orwithin a subject area. • Using appropriate teaching, learning support and assessment methods. • Supervising student projects, and/or e.g. field trips and, where appropriate,placements. • Identifying areas where current provision is in need of revision or improvement. • Contributing the planning, design and development of objectives and material. • Setting, marking and assessing work and examinations and providing feedbackto students. • Developing and implementing new methods of teaching to reflect changes inresearch. • Designing, preparing and developing teaching materials. • Delivering lectures, seminars and tutorials. • Assessing students’ coursework. • Setting and marking examinations. • Undertaking personal research projects and actively contributing to theinstitution’s research profile. • Supervising students’ research activities. • Undertaking continuous professional development (CPD) and participating instaff training activities. • Dean School of Business, University of Africa, Lusaka, Zambia. • Appointed as Overseer for the Information Communication University • Supervise and evaluate Doctor of Philosophy Students (PhD) Publications The following are the books authored and being in all Book World Outlets in Zambia. You can also access these books on www.Amazon.org 1. Human Resource Management and Challenges in 21st Century; 2. Why Projects Fails; 3. Organisational Behaviour and Management; 4. Introducing Management of Change; 5. Productivity in Africa Myth or Reality; 6. Why Bosses Behaves they Way they Do; 7. Strategic Management; 8. How Performance Management can help driver the Organisation; 9. How Balance Score Card is Implemented in Organisations; and 10.The Secret of Success. JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS 11.Mwanza C. G (2009) Journal in Human Resource Management, Vol.1 Issue 3(2010); 12.Mwanza C.G (2009) Journal in repositioning of Human Resource management, Vol.1 Issue 2 (2010); 13.Mwanza C. G (2009) Journal in strategic management, Vol.1 Issue 3(2010); 14.Mwanza C G (2009) Journal in marketing management, Vol.1 Issue 3(2010); 15.Mwanza C G (2010) Journal in International BusinessVol.2 Issue 2 (2010); 16.Mwanza C G (2010) Journal in communication and management Vol.1 Issue 2 (2010); 17.Mwanza C G (2010) Journal Is Strategic Human Resource Planning Possible Vol.2 Issue 2 (2010); 18. Mwanza C G (2010) Journal in Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Learning, Vol.2 Issue 1(2010); 19. Mwanza C.G Journal of contemporary management on the growing utilization of plastics in industrial and consumer, Vol.1 Issue 3 (2010); 20. Mwanza C. G Journal of contemporary management on the performance management, Vol.1 Issue 3 (2010); 21. Mwanza C G Published Thesis on the impact of brain drain in the country; and 22. Mwanza C G Published Thesis on the impact of performance management in the civil service of Zambia. Other Positions Held 1. Acted Assistant Director-HRA, Sports Youth and Child Development 2. Acted Senior Human Resources Management Officer, Cabinet Office, 3. Chief Human Resource Management Officer-MYSCD Seminars/workshops Attended • Managing and leading strategic Change, MavinGroupware Swaziland, 6th July 2008; • Sensitization for Human Resources Practitioners on Operational Procedure and Processes in the Civil Service; 2009 • Meridian Research Solution 2012 Africa Human Resources Summit; • Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV and AIDS Projects/Programmes; 2010 • Corporate Governance Referees 1. Prof.Venus Seti Secretary Teaching Service Commission Box 32186, LUSAKA. Contact: 097776575 Email: [email protected] 2. Professor Mundia Sitwala Copperstone University Kitwe Contact: 0966945926 Emaill:[email protected] 3. Professor Malan James University of Africa, Lusaka Contact: 27118887883 Email:[email protected] 4. Prof. Robert S. Mweemba Accountant Assistant Cabinet Office P.O. Box 30208 Lusaka Contact No: 097978841589 Email:[email protected]